Little Rock has many charms, but a world class football venue is not among them.
If you haven’t been to War Memorial, imagine a large high school stadium in bowl form. Now apply the decaying effects of 70 years of indiscriminate rain and wind. Let’s run through a few bullet points about the Hogs home away from home:
- War Memorial holds 20,000 fewer people than DW Reynolds
- ^On the rare occasion War Memorial does sell out, it only holds that many because fans are packed in like a Whataburger drive-thru line.
- The staff are very friendly, but always overwhelmed by the sheer scale of a Razorback game.
- The restrooms are akin to those at a dodgy horse track.
- Crowd involvement is less than stellar.
There are issues at play concerning games in Little Rock that run to the confusing core of state politics and influence- but Lone Star Hogs aren’t very concerned with such things. We want to see our beloved team win, so let’s play where we have best chance to: Fayetteville.